Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bird's Nest - A Chinese Delicacy...

I woke up on Wednesday morning and it was snowing... well, sort of... just tiny flakes of snow falling but it was my first time seeing snow so I was pretty excited. I woke up early enough to see the ground covered in white but the snow melted after 10am.



It's been abut 4 months since I came Beijing but I have not been to the Bird's nest (olympic stadium) and the Water Cube (olympic swimming pool). Since I had no class that day, I decided to go with some friends. It was pretty convenient to get to the stadium and the water cube via train. Good thing also that the stadium and the cube are side by side.




The stadium...what a sight! Impressive piece of architecture, indeed!



This is a 7 star hotel, "Pang Gu" near the stadium. I think if I ever had the money to stay there and had to pay the hotel bill, I would also start seeing (7) stars...



To enter the stadium, you have to pay 50 yuan. Once in a lifetime opportunity so we paid to see how the bird's nest looked inside.



It wasn't as big as I had expected but it was cosy and very high tech. I heard the roof will close if there was rain. 麻雀虽小,五脏俱全。 Get it? 麻雀? Bird's nest? *Nudge Nudge Wink Wink... 真是不好笑。。。







Taking my first step onto the soccer pitch, I placed my right foot firmly just like Lionel Messi did. Wah, I am part of history... sort of... yay!



They had balloon figures of Fuwas(the mascots for the China Olympics) on the pitch which you could take photos with and also people in Fuwa costumes dancing around the stadium.





Attacked by Fuwa! Poor guy... After that, the same Fuwa painted himself red and attacked a cow... The Horror!





It was dark by the time that we were finished with the stadium. We moved on to the water cube. It's real pretty...





And it changes colour too!





Not sure what this is but it changes colour too! NICE~~



Well, that's 2 things off my checklist of "places I want to go in Beijing"...

No comments: